Full time • Remote or Edinburgh HQ • Competitive salary + benefits
Product team Accepting applications
Who are Amiqus?
Amiqus was founded with a mission, to use Tech For Good to make civil justice more accessible.
Our first product, Amiqus ID (released in 2016), was designed to improve the slow, inefficient processes that regulated professions currently undertake as part of client onboarding checks.
We wanted to make sure that firms of all sizes could use smart technology to relieve them of complex manual processes and, more importantly, keep sensitive client information secure.
Amiqus has gained momentum over the past few years, and our work has been recognised by leading regulators and firms in law, finance, accountancy, property and recruitment.
There is the opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our technology team and work from the Amiqus office in Leith, 10 minutes from Edinburgh city centre, or completely remotely.
- A key part of a talented and successful engineering team who work together to build award-winning products
- Working closely with our developers to design/enhance/implement development and production pipelines to move our products through a fully tested process
- Assist with the design and implementation of the migration to containerised microservices in production
- Working with Amazon Web Services
- Working with (and improving) a containerised development environment
- Working with continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- A key part of our growing development team, able to justify your decisions and plans, whilst supporting others
Working within one of Scotland’s leading tech startups, you will have the opportunity to grow, develop and shape your role.
Due to the nature of our business, there is not a rigid structure that some larger organisations possess, as such you will be expected to work autonomously and manage your own workload and time.
We would like someone who is excited by the opportunity to work with an award winning team and product, while also bringing in fresh ideas about how we approach our work. Amiqus is vibrant and collaborative, we encourage an environment where people can express themselves and work in a way which suits their life and needs.
The correct candidate will need a strong technical background within Infrastructure, you will be tasked with implementing and reinforcing DevOps and Agile principles and should also have strong working knowledge of a number of key technologies including:
- AWS (EC2, S3, Route53, ALB, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch Service, bonus: ECS)
- CI/CD (bonus: Jenkins)
- Hashicorp Terraform
- Hashicorp Vault
- Scripting (shell, Python)
It is desirable to have a knowledge of:
- PHP (bonus: Laravel Framework)
- Experience of working remotely or as part of remote teams
What we offer
- A flexible working environment with remote working. This can be 100% remote, we currently have team members all over Europe.
- A strong team environment where people are encouraged to be creative, put forward ideas and challenge the norm. We like to encourage people and support them.
- Autonomy over your own role and freedom to create and design.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- A development day each month to be used for personal or professional development.
How to apply
Closing date: 30th September 2019
If this role sounds of interest or you would like to discuss further please contact email@example.com and send an up-to-date CV and cover letter.