£40k – £70k + benefits
Full-time • Remote in UK or Edinburgh HQ
Closing date: March 1, 2024
Amiqus is a market-leading, award-winning compliance platform enabling simple, secure access to products and services online. Whether moving home, changing jobs or looking for professional help, we help make the process fast and easy for everyone involved.
Today, we are recognised as Scotland’s fastest growing tech company and 5th fastest growing fintech in the UK by Deloitte Fast 50.
We’re trusted by the UK Government, NHS and over 500 other organisations across sectors in the UK to help people get to work on the things that matter, faster.
What’s important to us? Investing in our people, platform and partners to grow an aspirational workplace and a profitable business at scale, creating impact and affecting systems level change, across sectors, borders and economies.
- We support remote, hybrid and flexible working, ensuring you’re provided with the equipment you need to create a comfortable home-office environment
- Access our HQ in Edinburgh / workspaces around the UK with team off sites
- A collaborative, cross functional (pet friendly) environment working in small teams with autonomy enabling you to deliver meaningful and impactful work
- We offer Vitality private health cover and other private health benefits
- 34 days annual leave
- 12 paid personal development days per year with additional personal training budget and resources allocated to help you learn and grow
- 5% matched contribution, share options and company-wide bonus scheme
- Enhanced modern family leave available to everyone
Read more about our benefits here
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing quickly across sectors (although not at all costs). We care a lot about our people, working sustainably and using business as a force for good to deliver long term value.
Take a look at our ‘Life at Amiqus video’ to find out more
About the role
Amiqus provides thousands of people every month with the means to digitally verify their identity and documentation using a secure and validated platform. Our next focus will be on enabling those people to reuse these checks without having to repeat them in the future. We’re on a steep growth trajectory, with no intent of slowing down.
We’re looking for a Mobile Application Engineer to work on an exciting project with guidance and mentorship from our Lead Mobile Engineer, Product and Engineering Managers. This is a great opportunity to join and contribute towards building and shipping high-quality mobile applications to a greenfield project.
The successful candidate will have an incredible opportunity and autonomy to redesign and rebuild our existing mobile application and take it to the next level. You’ll be collaborating with our Senior Mobile Engineer and other engineers to design and specify the technical requirements for the project, work on the project and finally ship the app to our target audience.
Alongside this, we’ll look to you for;
- Together with the Mobile development team, develop a brand-new mobile application, that directly aligns with and contributes to our product strategy
- Together with the Mobile development team, define the technical requirements for the implementation of new software solutions
- Help define the technical aspects of the application solution architecture, including the technology used, methodology followed, and supporting service requirements
- Design and develop detailed architectures and interfaces to integrate with our core APIs and systems
Talented people make Amiqus and staying true to our culture is important as we continue to develop and grow. Most importantly, this role will be filled by someone who shares the same values and work ethic as we do.
In addition, we’re looking for someone with:
- The ability to participate in deep technical discussions within a small team of engineers to collaboratively architect a new green-field application
- Good communication skills; the most important aspect of collaborative, remote working is being able to proactively communicate to different roles in the organisation
- Prior experience shipping mobile applications through the Google Play Store and iOS App Store would be an advantage
- Continuous desire to improve your knowledge of work areas, embrace the agile framework and aim to reach full agility with continuous integration, delivery and deployment
- Possess a diverse and adaptable mindset, with a good understanding of scale-up or start-up working environments.
- Our platform is built using VueJS, PHP, MySQL, Redis and OpenSearch
- We’re hosted on a well-architected AWS infrastructure
- Our existing app uses ReactNative and is shipped on iOS and Android
Our interview process
We think it’s important to have an open and transparent interview process so that you have a clear understanding of what to expect. The process might vary slightly depending on the role type or team you apply to join but it usually goes as follows:
- Internal review of applications
- An initial chat about the role with our People and culture team
- A more structured interview with our Engineering Manager and Senior Product Manager
- Role offer
- Onboarding welcome and process kick off with support across the team
If this is you and the role sounds like something you would be interested in, please contact [email protected] for a confidential discussion and attach an up-to-date CV / portfolio.
Diverse perspectives and people of all backgrounds are welcome at Amiqus. We recognise that building an inclusive workplace requires proactivity and commitment. We acknowledge our moral and legal responsibilities to promote equal opportunities and pursue equality in all of our work.
If we can make preparations to make sure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.