PHP Software Engineer
Full time • Remote or Edinburgh HQ • £45,000 + benefits
Who are Amiqus?
Amiqus was founded with a mission, to use Tech For Good to make civil justice more accessible.
Our first product, Amiqus ID (released in 2016), was designed to improve the slow, inefficient processes that regulated professions currently undertake as part of client onboarding checks.
We want to ensure that firms of all sizes could use smart technology to relieve them of complex manual processes and, more importantly, keep sensitive client information secure.
This award winning product has given Amiqus the platform to continue our growth plans and our work has been recognised by leading regulators and firms in law, finance, accountancy, property and recruitment.
You will be a key figure within our growing engineering team with the autonomy and scope to help shape our future engineering needs and which tools we utilise.
You will work closely with our design and marketing departments, using well defined roadmaps to design, enhance and implement features. Amiqus ID is a critical day-to-day tool for our customers, considered code and thorough testing are key to ensuring that remains true.
Your role will also include the development of internal staff tools such as metrics and reporting, as well as maintaining and improving our development pipeline.
This is an integral role in our growth plan, working on our well established codebase, helping shape its future development.
Working within a fast moving tech scale up , you will have the opportunity to grow, develop and shape your role. Due to the nature of our business, there is not the rigid structure that some larger organisations possess. This, we feel, allows an environment that encourages personal development.
We are seeking someone who is excited by the opportunity to work with an award winning team and product, while also bringing in fresh ideas about how we approach our work. Amiqus is vibrant and collaborative, we encourage an environment where people can express themselves and work in a way which suits their life and needs.
Our culture is one of inclusivity, we are keen to find employees who not only fit into our culture, but can also add to it. The correct candidate does need to possess a strong demonstrable background within a PHP engineering environment, including:
- Several years experience developing and maintaining web applications
- Laravel expertise
- Knowledge of TDD
- Experience working with APIs (REST & SOAP)
- Experience working in a distributed team
- Effective communication with technical and non-technical people
- Attention to detail; you believe if a job is worth doing, it’s worth doing right
What we offer
We are currently a team of 30 based in a number of locations and have a central office in Leith, Edinburgh. We have ambitious growth plans over the next five years so this role would offer a chance to contribute to our journey.
- A flexible working environment. This can be 100% remote although we would be looking for staff to work to GMT or CET time zones.
- A strong team environment where people are encouraged to be inventive, put forward ideas and challenge the norm. We like to encourage and support creativity.
- Autonomy over your own role and freedom to create and design.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- A development day each month to be used for personal or professional development.
Our interview process
We think it's important to have a transparent and open interview process so that you have a clear understanding of expectations. Below is an overview of our process. Please note that it may vary slightly depending on the level of role or the team you would be joining.
- Review of applications
- Initial conversation with our Head of People
- Role applicable: technical test, aptitude questionnaire
- Interview with team lead
- Conversation with wider team members
- Role offer
How to apply
On going hiring and accepting applications at any time.
If this role sounds of interest or you would like to discuss further please contact email@example.com and send an up-to-date CV and cover letter.