Cloud infrastructure engineer
Full time • Remote or Edinburgh HQ • £46k to £55k + benefits
Amiqus is an award-winning tech for good company. Our remote onboarding software is trusted by hundreds of companies across the UK.
Headquartered in Edinburgh, our international team actively advocates flexible remote working, living wage employment and new economy thought leadership.
Our values inform every decision, big or small, because that’s not only the right way to do business, but the smartest. We believe in growing our company through a clear set of missions and by putting our people and the public interest first.
It's an exciting time to join us. Amiqus has seen incredible growth over the past five years and the pandemic hasn’t derailed us.
Working within a fast moving scale up, you will have the opportunity to grow, develop and shape your role whilst creating a direct impact for our clients and the company.
Due to the nature of our business, our teams work cross functionally and there's not as rigid structure that some larger organisations operate. This, we feel, allows an environment that delivers great results and encourages personal development.
We are seeking someone who is excited by the opportunity to work with an award winning team and product, while also bringing in fresh ideas about how we approach our work. Amiqus is inclusive, vibrant and collaborative. We encourage an environment where people can express themselves and work in a way that suits their life and needs.
You will be a key figure within our small, but growing, engineering team. This is an integral role in our growth plan, and you will help shape the future of our infrastructure, as well as our build, deployment and monitoring processes. You will have autonomy to improve the day-to-day operation of a mature, well-tested application used by thousands of people every month.
This role will be up to 100% remote with the option to work from our office in Edinburgh when restrictions are lifted.
For remote engineers, working on GMT +/- 2h timezone is required.
We are seeking self-motivated people to join our engineering team — and the infrastructure team in particular, bringing with them solid technical skills and the desire to build highly resilient, performant and durable cloud architecture.
The correct candidate needs to possess a strong demonstrable background as an infrastructure engineer (or similar role involving infrastructure responsibility), including:
- Several years experience building and maintaining infrastructure for modern web applications
- Extensive knowledge of cloud infrastructure, especially AWS
- Being comfortable in an environment where all changes are made via infrastructure-as-code (we use Terraform)
- Experience with APM (we use Datadog)
- Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Effective communication with technical and non-technical people
- Attention to detail; you believe if a job is worth doing, it’s worth doing right
- A commitment to documenting technical decisions and features
- A security-minded approach to everything they do
- A passion for automating repetitive tasks
Bonus points for having experience with the following technologies:
- Hashicorp Vault and Consul
- GitHub Actions
What we offer
- A flexible working environment.
- Supportive colleagues with a varied array of technical knowledge and experience
- A strong team environment where people are encouraged to be creative, put forward ideas and challenge the norm.
- One day each month to be used as a personal development day either taking part in one of our team activities or an individual task/hobby.
- Pension, share options and a number of other benefits.
Our interview process
We think it’s important to have a transparent and open interview process so that you have a clear understanding of expectations:
- Review of applications.
- An initial video call with the engineering manager.
- A technical assessment task, if necessary.
- A video call with an infrastructure engineer and the engineering manager.
- A video call with the lead engineer and the engineering manager.
- Role offer.
How to apply
If this role sounds of interest or you would like to discuss further please contact email@example.com and send an up-to-date CV and cover letter.
We're building an inclusive, diverse, multi cultural and flexible team working environment to support the varied needs of our clients. Diverse perspectives and people from all backgrounds, are welcome at Amiqus. We recognise that as well as setting an example, we have moral and legal responsibilities to promote equal opportunities and pursue equality in all of our work. If we can make preparations to make sure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.