Junior field engineer
Full time • Remote in UK or Edinburgh HQ • £28k + benefits
Closing date 31st May 2021
Amiqus is an award-winning tech for good company. Our remote onboarding software is trusted by hundreds of companies across the UK.
Headquartered in Edinburgh, our international team actively advocates flexible remote working, living wage employment and new economy thought leadership.
Our values inform every decision, big or small, because that’s not only the right way to do business, but the smartest. We believe in growing our company through a clear set of missions and by putting our people and the public interest first.
It's an exciting time to join us. Amiqus has seen incredible growth over the past five years and the pandemic hasn’t derailed us.
Working within a fast moving scale up, you will have the opportunity to grow, develop and shape your role whilst creating a direct impact for our clients and the company.
Due to the nature of our business, our teams work cross functionally and there's not as rigid structure that some larger organisations operate. This, we feel, allows an environment that delivers great results and encourages personal development.
We are seeking someone who is excited by the opportunity to work with an award winning team and product, while also bringing in fresh ideas about how we approach our work. Amiqus is inclusive, vibrant and collaborative. We encourage an environment where people can express themselves and work in a way that suits their life and needs.
You will be a key figure within our small, but rapidly growing, engineering team. This is an important role in our continuing growth, supporting more technically complex sales to small business and enterprise customers alike, as well as product implementations and support.
You will work closely with our client-facing teams, helping to understand our clients' processes and how they could be improved by the adoption of our product, including how their applications can connect with Amiqus using APIs and webhooks or how Amiqus can better integrate with external applications.
You will also be involved in investigating support tickets raised by our customers, have a deep understanding of the product, its underlying technologies and the way data is processed to either solve issues or escalate them to the product engineers by raising them in GitHub, helping us improve the quality of an application that is used by thousands of people every month.
This role will be remote with the option to work from our office in Edinburgh when restrictions are lifted.
We are seeking self-motivated people to join our engineering team, bringing with them a combination of technical, analytical and interpersonal skills. The correct candidate will have a demonstrable background in many of the following:
- Experience in web application development or in sales, implementation and support of products with a strong technical component
- Working knowledge of API development, OAuth2 authentication flows, webhooks and other concepts of application interoperability
- Understanding of how to test APIs using tools like Postman or Paw
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance processes for web technologies
- Effective communication with technical and non-technical people
- Attention to detail; you believe if a job is worth doing, it’s worth doing right
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record of working in a client-facing role
- Experience of working as part of a small team with tight deadlines to deliver on
- Ability to contribute to technical documentation, whether internal or public
- Ability to travel to customer locations as-needed (post COVID)
- Experience in working for a SaaS company
What we offer
- A flexible working environment
- Supportive colleagues with a varied array of technical knowledge and experience
- A strong team environment where people are encouraged to be creative, put forward ideas and challenge the norm
- One day each month to be used as a personal development day either taking part in one of our team activities or an individual task/hobby
- Pension, share options and a number of other benefits
Our interview process
We think it’s important to have a transparent and open interview process so that you have a clear understanding of expectations:
- Review of applications
- An initial video call with the engineering manager
- A technical assessment task, if necessary
- A video call with the head of client management and the engineering manager
- Role offer
How to apply
Closing date: 31st May 2021
If this role sounds of interest or you would like to discuss further please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and send an up-to-date CV and cover letter.
We're building an inclusive, diverse, multi cultural and flexible team working environment to support the varied needs of our clients. Diverse perspectives and people from all backgrounds, are welcome at Amiqus. We recognise that as well as setting an example, we have moral and legal responsibilities to promote equal opportunities and pursue equality in all of our work. If we can make preparations to make sure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.