Senior business development manager
Full time • Remote in UK or Edinburgh HQ • £38k + benefits
Amiqus is an award-winning tech for good company. Our remote onboarding software is trusted by hundreds of companies across the UK.
Headquartered in Edinburgh, our international team actively advocates flexible remote working, living wage employment and new economy thought leadership.
Our values inform every decision, big or small, because that’s not only the right way to do business, but the smartest. We believe in growing our company through a clear set of missions and by putting our people and the public interest first.
It's an exciting time to join us. Amiqus has seen incredible growth over the past five years and the pandemic hasn’t derailed us.
Working within a fast moving scale up, you will have the opportunity to grow, develop and shape your role whilst creating a direct impact for our clients and the company.
Due to the nature of our business, our teams work cross functionally and there's not as rigid structure that some larger organisations operate. This, we feel, allows an environment that delivers great results and encourages personal development.
We are seeking someone who is excited by the opportunity to work with an award winning team and product, while also bringing in fresh ideas about how we approach our work. Amiqus is inclusive, vibrant and collaborative. We encourage an environment where people can express themselves and work in a way that suits their life and needs.
Due to the success of our core product, our client base has grown across sectors and throughout the UK. Our Senior Business Development Manager will work as a key member of our client facing teams as we scale Amiqus across the UK.
We are seeking someone who is excited by the opportunity to work with an award winning team and product, who will bring in fresh ideas around how we operate and approach our work. We encourage an environment where people can express themselves and flexibly work in a way that suits their life and needs.
- You will lead by example, developing, coaching and managing our sales team.
- Review data provided by our CRM system to identify market opportunities and trends to build and shape our strategic approach to business development.
- Work closely with our product, client management and marketing teams to develop and shape our product and how we present Amiqus to clients.
- Responsible for identifying and attracting new large Enterprise clients across different sectors.
- You will lead and develop strategic partnerships, commercial tenders and negotiations with clients.
- Develop and create new business development plans and structure as the company grows.
Working within one of Scotland’s leading tech scale up, you will have the opportunity to grow, develop and shape your role as we grow quickly in our next stage from £1m to £10m in revenue.
Due to the nature of our business, there are not the rigid structures that some larger organisations possess with cross functional ways of working becoming the norm.
You will have the opportunity to shape and build our approach to new business and bring in fresh ideas of how we approach clients. Amiqus is vibrant and collaborative and we would expect the senior business development manager to demonstrate those same traits.
A proven team player, the successful candidate will have a demonstrable business development background in a large enterprise sales environment and be fluent with new technology. We are a business to business SaaS company so experience of working in a SaaS environment would be beneficial. Due to our stage of growth, we are looking for a candidate with a demonstrable background in creating repeatable, scalable processes and managing enterprise level sales. As a result, you will be comfortable leading tendering processes and commercial negotiations.
As a company we are on a journey, and value building long term customer success through providing honesty, building trust and accessibility to our clients. This is demonstrated in our excellent client retention rate and net promoter scores (NPS). We are seeking a senior business development manager who can demonstrate these same values and recognises that to grow long term success, an honest open relationship with clients is vital.
What we offer
- A flexible working environment.
- A strong teamwork ethic where people are encouraged to be creative, put forward ideas and challenge the norm.
- Autonomy over your own role and freedom to create and design improved processes or structures moving forward.
- One day each month to be used as a personal development day either taking part in one of our team activities or an individual task/hobby.
- Pension, share options and a number of other benefits.
Our interview process
We think it’s important to have a transparent and open interview process so that you have a clear understanding of expectations:
- Review of applications
- Initial video call chat about the role
- Formal interview (remotely via video/call)
- Role offer
How to apply
If this role sounds of interest or you would like to discuss further please contact email@example.com and send an up-to-date CV and cover letter.
We're building an inclusive, diverse, multi cultural and flexible team working environment to support the varied needs of our clients. Diverse perspectives and people from all backgrounds, are welcome at Amiqus. We recognise that as well as setting an example, we have moral and legal responsibilities to promote equal opportunities and pursue equality in all of our work. If we can make preparations to make sure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.