Full-time • Edinburgh HQ
Closing date: November 22, 2023
Amiqus is a market leading, award winning compliance platform enabling simple, secure access to products and services online. Whether moving home, changing jobs or looking for professional help, we help make the process fast and easy for everyone involved.
Today, we are recognised as Scotland’s fastest growing tech company and 5th fastest growing fin-tech in the UK by Deloitte fast50.
We’re trusted by the Government, NHS and over 500 other organisations across sectors in the UK to help people get to work on the things that matter, faster.
What’s important to us? investing in our people, platform and partners to grow an aspirational workplace and a profitable business at scale, creating impact and affecting systems level change, across sectors, borders and economies.
- We support remote, hybrid and flexible working, ensuring you’re provided with the equipment you need to create a comfortable home-office environment
- Access our HQ in Edinburgh / workspaces around the UK with team off sites
- A collaborative, cross functional (pet friendly) environment working in small teams with autonomy enabling you to deliver meaningful and impactful work
- We offer Vitality private health cover and other private health benefits
- 32 days annual leave
- 12 paid personal development days per year with additional personal training budget and resources allocated to help you learn and grow
- 5% matched contribution, share options and company-wide bonus scheme
- Enhanced modern family leave available to everyone
Read more about our benefits here
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing quickly across sectors (although not at all costs). We care a lot about our people, working sustainably and using business as a force for good to deliver long term value.
Take a look at our ‘Life at Amiqus video’ to find out more
About the role
We’re looking for someone to support our Founder and CEO, by organising and managing daily tasks to enable a focussed and structured approach to lead the business and support our continued progress as we scale. As an experienced EA you’ll know just the trick(s) to do this.
Along with typical daily admin tasks such as managing a busy diary, monitoring, responding and prioritising emails, we’re looking for an experienced EA who can do the following:
- Work directly with our CEO to manage priorities, determine best practice for diary and email management and make effective decisions to suit his schedule
- Stakeholder management – knowing who and what to prioritise and when
- Manage complex travel arrangements and logistics for the CEO and wider Leadership team if required, including bookings and arrangements
- Provide detailed briefing documents for each meeting the CEO attends, ensuring he is full prepped going in
- Stepping in when he can’t be around in person – attending meetings or sessions on his behalf or delegating to the right person if required
- Preparing presentation materials when required for internal and external meetings, including board and investor meeting preparation ensuring timely execution
- Support management of internal communication when required
- Provide day to day office coordination and management 2 days per week
- Supporting our cross functional teams with event organisation
- General admin tasks such as supporting the wider Business operations team, corporate gifting and preparing for events, document management and any other ad-hoc tasks which may be required.
We’re looking for a talented EA who is forward thinking, dynamic and is genuinely interested in Amiqus and growing their career here. This position requires someone who has significant experience in supporting CEO’s in previous roles and truly understands the management style and dedication required for this.
In addition, we are looking for the following:
- Extensive experience in a similar capacity, being the ‘right hand person’ to the CEO in a mid-sized startup or scale up (however if you’re not from a start-up or scale-up environment but tick all the other boxes, please apply)
- Substantial experience working autonomously and managing executive diaries and emails ensuring prioritisation, articulation and organisation are at the forefront of every task you do
- You love process improvement. We need someone who has experience looking at current processes and thinking ‘how can we make this better?’
- Amazing communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to comfortably context switch when required
- Prior experience with Google suite, docusign (or similar), Slack and various common software applications
- The right person for this role will be able to travel to our Edinburgh HQ at least twice per week as this role will require you to be in the office 2 days per week for collaborative working and office organisation
If you are passionate about organising, working autonomously and supporting crucial roles within businesses then this could be the role for you. In return we’ll offer a supportive, friendly and wonderfully unique bunch of people to work with.
Our interview process
We think it’s important to have an open and transparent interview process so that you have a clear understanding of what to expect. The process might vary slightly depending on the role type or team you apply to join but it usually goes as follows:
- Internal review of applications
- An initial chat about the role with our People and culture team
- A more structured interview with the team manager and People and culture
- A coffee with our CEO
- Role offer
- Onboarding welcome and process kick off with support across the team
If this is you and the role sounds like something you would be interested in, please contact [email protected] for a confidential discussion and attach an up-to-date CV / portfolio.
Diverse perspectives and people of all backgrounds are welcome at Amiqus. We recognise that building an inclusive workplace requires proactivity and commitment. We acknowledge our moral and legal responsibilities to promote equal opportunities and pursue equality in all of our work.
If we can make preparations to make sure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.”