People and culture coordinator
Full-time • Remote in UK or Edinburgh HQ
Closing date: August 21, 2023
- We support remote and hybrid and in person collaborative working
- Access our HQ in Edinburgh / workspaces around the UK with team off sites
- A strong cross functional (pet friendly) environment working in small teams with autonomy, delivering impactful and challenging work.
- Private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, critical illness cover and other options.
- 12 paid personal development days per year with additional personal training budget and resources allocated to help you learn and grow.
- Pension contribution, share options and company bonus scheme for all roles
- Extended family leave options
Amiqus is a market leading, award winning compliance platform enabling simple, secure access to products and services online. Whether moving home, changing jobs or looking for professional help, we help make the process fast and easy for everyone involved.
Today, we are recognised as Scotland’s fastest-growing tech company and 5th fastest-growing fin-tech in the UK by Deloitte fast50.
We’re trusted by the Government, NHS and over 500 other organisations across sectors in the UK to help people get to work on the things that matter, faster.
What’s important to us? Tech-for-good: investing in our people, platform and partners to grow an aspirational workplace and a profitable business at scale, creating impact and affecting systems level change, across sectors, borders and economies.
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing quickly across sectors (although not at all costs). We care a lot about our people, working sustainably and using business as a force for good to deliver long term value.
About the role
This role will see you working closely with and supporting the Senior people and culture manager throughout all relevant tasks relating to the employee life cycle at Amiqus. Proactively engaging with potential new hires and current employees is a huge part of this role, while keeping a focus on our company values and supporting the wider Business operations team.
This role is remote but would be best suited for someone based in or around either Glasgow or Edinburgh to be able to do some in-person collaboration.
Main responsibilities include:
- Lead the hiring process for roles up to level 4, keeping a focus on attracting a diverse pool of candidates, including interviewing and onboarding of all new hires
- Working closely with our business areas to understand requirements, structure and culture to represent the company in all recruitment activities
- Supporting the P&C manager with people focused tasks including, but not limited to: managing HR software, HR admin tasks and related projects
- Onboarding new employees
- Organising company events such as fundraisers, our annual All hands etc
- Supporting to drive engagement at Amiqus including engagement surveys, benefits and culture related tasks such as recognising important dates such as IWD
- Recognising birthdays, work anniversaries, important life events
- Organise company training including mandatory training and clifton strengths
- Updating People related workspace e.g. Notion
- Support with employee offboarding
- Internal communications – ensure our internal channels are updated with relevant people news and info, including owning our monthly People newsletter
We’re looking for someone who is forward thinking, dynamic and is genuinely interested in Amiqus and growing their career here. Ideally the person who comes into this role will have had a few years experience in a similar people/culture role working in a small team to make a big difference. We’re always open to process improvement and hearing new, fresh ideas.
In addition, we are are looking for the following:
- Proven experience in a similar role that includes hiring and people related tasks
- Basic understanding of employee life cycle
- Hands on experience managing HR software, Personio would be highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills, with an empathetic approach to difficult situations
- High attention to detail and fantastic organisation skills
- Experience in a startup or scale up environment would be greatly beneficial
Our interview process
We think it’s important to have an open and transparent interview process so that you have a clear understanding of what to expect. The process might vary slightly depending on the role type or team you apply to join but it usually goes as follows:
- Internal review of applications
- An initial chat about the role with our People and engagement manager
- A more structured interview with the function manager
- Role offer
- Onboarding welcome and process kick off with support across the team
If this is you and the role sounds like something you would be interested in, please contact [email protected] for a confidential discussion and attach an up-to-date CV / portfolio.
Diverse perspectives and people of all backgrounds are welcome at Amiqus. We recognise that building an inclusive workplace requires proactivity and commitment. We acknowledge our moral and legal responsibilities to promote equal opportunities and pursue equality in all of our work.
If we can make preparations to make sure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.”