Senior product manager
Full-time • Remote in UK or Edinburgh HQ
Closing date: September 20, 2023
- We support remote and hybrid and in person collaborative working
- Access our HQ in Edinburgh / workspaces around the UK with team off sites
- A strong cross functional (pet friendly) environment working in small teams with autonomy, delivering impactful and challenging work.
- Private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, critical illness cover and other options.
- 12 paid personal development days per year with additional personal training budget and resources allocated to help you learn and grow.
- Pension contribution, share options and company bonus scheme for all roles
- Extended family leave options
Amiqus is Scotland’s fastest growing tech company and 5th fastest growing fintech in the UK. Our software is a market leading, award winning compliance platform enabling simple, secure access to products and services online. Whether moving home, changing jobs or looking for professional help, we help make the process fast and easy for everyone involved.
We’re trusted by the Government, NHS and over 500 other organisations across sectors in the UK to help people get to work on the things that matter, faster.
What’s important to us? Tech-for-good: investing in our people, platform and partners to grow an aspirational workplace and a profitable business at scale, creating impact and affecting systems level change, across sectors, borders and economies.
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing quickly across sectors (although not at all costs). We care a lot about our people, working sustainably and using business as a force for good to deliver long term value.
About the role
At Amiqus, Senior product managers sit at the intersection of product potential and business needs, balancing short and long term efforts, and working across all disciplines to ensure awareness and efficiency in how we execute. This product manager will sit in the retention team and own the management of the core Amiqus product which includes the delivery of any new features and services, develop the current product strategy and ultimately deliver on our mission.
A senior product manager has significant experience in product lifecycle management and working in agile environment, strong organisational٫ leadership and communication skills, problem-solving skills with creative approach. It is also required to be professional٫ confident and be able to understand which ideas will and which won’t work.
Senior product manager will direct product development and ensure high return on investment (ROI.) Translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish.
Main responsibilities include:
- End to end ownership of a small portfolio of products within the Amiqus platform
- Build, implement and execute product strategies consistent with company vision and overall corporate strategy
- Collaborate with senior management to create and maintain high level product roadmaps and prioritised backlogs, aligned for high RoI
- Engage and inspire cross-functional product teams around the vision, roadmap and backlog
- Incorporate feedback and input from users, partners, stakeholders and in-house teams and find ways to expand product market reach
- Quality assure product releases, ensuring all releases are compliant, secure, and meet the needs of users
- Define and track metrics for success, including commercial benefits
- Work across stakeholders, users and partners to facilitate continuous improvements that support our clients to love our products
- Prepare recommendations, based on data and analysis, to expand product base and to create additional value
- Work cross-functionally to continuously improve the development process so that it is optimised for velocity, impact and quality
The key skills required to carry out this role:
- Extensive experience in a similar role with product management/ownership within a B2B, fast growing SaaS environment
- Strategic ownership; demonstrating excellent collaboration and communication skills with the ability to build buy-in from across a range of cross-functional teams to your product strategies/ the corporate strategy
- Adaptability; demonstrating the ability to work within constraints and turn them into opportunities, adapting the approach if required and taking others with you
- Commercial and financial ownership, demonstrating an understanding of the marketplace and alignment to business cases/ benefit realisation
- Stakeholder Management; demonstrating an ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders, including users and also internal stakeholders across all different levels and teams up to board level
- People management skills would be highly desirable, perhaps previously managing a small to medium sized team
- Experience in an agile environment, including coaching others in user led approaches
- Problem management; demonstrating an ability to anticipate problems and respond to them in a strategic way, taking into account the bigger picture
We’re looking for someone who has the ability and drive to come in, hit the ground running and really make a positive impact to our product, team and wider company.
Talented people make Amiqus and staying true to our culture is important as we continue to develop and grow. Most importantly, this role will be filled by someone who shares the same values and work ethic as we do.
Our interview process
We think it’s important to have an open and transparent interview process so that you have a clear understanding of what to expect. The process might vary slightly depending on the role type or team you apply to join but it usually goes as follows:
- Internal review of applications
- An initial chat about the role with our People and engagement manager
- A more structured interview with the function manager
- Role offer
- Onboarding welcome and process kick off with support across the team
If this is you and the role sounds like something you would be interested in, please contact [email protected] for a confidential discussion and attach an up-to-date CV / portfolio.
Diverse perspectives and people of all backgrounds are welcome at Amiqus. We recognise that building an inclusive workplace requires proactivity and commitment. We acknowledge our moral and legal responsibilities to promote equal opportunities and pursue equality in all of our work.
If we can make preparations to make sure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.”