What does this statement apply to?
This statement applies to content available in an Amiqus request (applicable to URLs starting with https://id.amiqus.co/verification).
It does not apply to content on the Amiqus marketing website (https://amiqus.co), the Amiqus web application (https://id.amiqus.co) or our public and business support centres (https://support.amiqus.co | https://business-support.amiqus.co).
We are continually working on improving the level of accessibility across all our websites and will update this statement as those areas are addressed.
Using this website
This website is run by Amiqus. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. This includes those with;
- impaired vision
- motor difficulties
- cognitive impairments
- learning disabilities
- deafness or impaired hearing
It means that you should be able to;
- zoom up to 300% without the text overflowing the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- use a screen reader to have the website text read aloud
- use the website without the need for colours
We also try to make the wording of instructions and labels as simple to understand as possible, and strive to have sufficient visual contrast to account for colour vision deficiency.
How accessible is this website?
Every effort has been made to ensure the website adheres to the highest standards by using best practices to meet the level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (WCAG 2.1).
On this website you should find;
- All images have corresponding ALT text provided so that they can be understood by non-visual readers.
- All links have title attributes which describe the link in greater details, unless the text of text fully describes the target.
- All content is highly distinguishable; using font sizes of 18px or above and a color contrast ratio to a AA standard throughout.
- All HTML sectioning elements are defined by ARIA landmarks, when the native role is not enough, to clearly explain the region to a screen reader.
- Labels and descriptions are provided when the user's input is required.
- Errors messages are clearly attributed to their respective inputs and described to the user in text.
How we tested this website
We last tested the website for compliance with WCAG 2.1 level AA on 6th July 2020.
We used the following approach to testing the accessibility of the website;
- Automated auditing using Google Lighthouse, WebAIM WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, axe and Siteimprove Accessibility Checker.
- Scrutinise and unify our approach to form component structure to best answer the WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
- Quality assurance test keyboard navigation to interact with the website from start to finish.
Non-compliance with the accessibility guidelines
Whilst we strive to adhere to the guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, there are areas of the website are not fully accessible;
- Photo ID verification cannot be completed by using a keyboard only because the user must capture images. This can be done using a smartphone or tablet with a camera or using a digital camera ahead of completing the request.
- Face Capture cannot be completed by using a keyboard only because the user must capture a video recording (with audio) and is required to speak a unique code. This can be done using a smartphone, tablet or computer with a webcam.
- Documents that have been provided by an Amiqus customer may not be accessible.
What we're doing to improve accessibility
Our accessibility roadmap, outlined below, shows how and when we plan to improve accessibility on this website and our other websites.
Improvements to this website
We know that it is difficult to complete the Photo ID process due to our reliance on third-party software. We intend to review this service and keep up-to-date with their latest changes which we're happy to say includes accessibility improvements.
Our Face Capture check requires auditing of the experience and code to prioritise accessibility enhancements. This will be scheduled in due course.
Improvement to our other websites
As stated above, this statement currently does not apply to content on the Amiqus marketing website (https://amiqus.co), the Amiqus web application (https://id.amiqus.co) or our public and business support centres (https://support.amiqus.co | https://business-support.amiqus.co).
Our intention is that we will first update the marketing website to be inline with this statement, then review the help centres. We expect this process to be completed by March 2021.
The Amiqus web application will also be improved incrementally over this period with a full audit to take place ahead of us being able to commit to a timeframe for the work. This statement will be updated once we have completed this audit.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or you think we're not meeting the accessibility requirements, contact us on email@example.com.
We will consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Effective from 07/06/2020 Last reviewed 07/06/2020 Version 1.0