Prepare for the upcoming changes to right to work and DBS checks
The Digital Identity Trust Framework is changing the way digital identity verification is carried out in the UK.
It is a set of rules designed by DCMS to represent a ‘gold standard’ of digital identity verification. The Digital Identity Trust Framework gives organisations like yours the confidence that checks are conducted to the highest standard, and reassures your candidates that their personal data is being held safely and securely.
From the 1st of October 2022, recruiters and employers will have to start using UK government certified identity service providers (IDSPs) to carry out digital right to work checks, or go back to meeting candidates in person to manually verify their documents.
This guide will help you to:
- Understand what the Digital Identity Trust Framework is, and its impact on your business
- Find out what is changing and what isn’t from the 1st of October
- Avoid penalties of up to £20,000 for not conducting the correct checks or not doing them properly
- Learn what the benefits are of digital identity checking
- Adapt your onboarding and implementation processes ahead of the coming changes
- UKDIATF – UK Digital Identity and Attributes Trust Framework
- DBS – Disclosure and Barring Service
- DCMS – Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
- IDSP – Identity Service Providers
- IDVT – Identity Verification Technology
- REC – Recruitment and Employment Confederation
- GPG45 – Good Practice Guide 45
- ISO – International Standards Organisation
- ISMS – Information Security Management System
- ISO 27001 – The only auditable international standard that defines the requirements of an ISMS
- NFC – Near Field Communication (NFC Chips are commonly used in e-passports, bank cards, etc. It is a chip that allows for two devices who have it embedded to communicate with each other when in near proximity to one another. Often they are used for the interchange of communication from one to the other)
Still have questions? You can talk to our team.