Hello, we are Amiqus
We’re an award-winning tech for good company. Our values inform every decision, big or small, because that’s not only the right way to do business, but the smartest.
In 2008, our CEO Callum Murray was looking for legal and financial support for his business, but finding and accessing that support was complex, time consuming and expensive.
He thought that expertise and information could and should be more accessible for everyone and started to build a team to make it possible. Amiqus has grown to be recognised as a trusted and secure online point of access for people moving home, moving job, accessing financial services and legal support. We're building value for the long term and we're proud to use business as a force for good.
Our company values
'Accessibility' is a term that gets used a lot, but many of us have a different understanding of what this means. We believe it's about making things available to everyone.
We aren't the first company to make trust part of their company values, but earning trust among our colleagues, customers and partners is the very foundation of Amiqus' success. How do we earn that trust? With integrity, always.
We wouldn't be able to offer our technology without our commitment to privacy and security. Don't get us wrong - we like parties, just not unknown third parties.
We handle and provide access to sensitive data sources; we invest significantly in keeping that information secure and we behave transparently and responsibly, never selling your information to third parties.
Amiqus is certified by and exceeds the requirements set by the UK government cyber security accreditation scheme Cyber Essentials Plus.
- Data encryption: We use SHA-256 encryption throughout all verification steps. This means that any data input to our systems for verification is securely sent and received. Data is also encrypted at rest when on our servers.
- Access controls: Access to user data is tightly restricted to only the authorised requesting firm with enforced password standards, activity reporting and account throttling. All passwords are hashed using SHA-512 with over 10,000 rounds, and a 32-byte salt of random data.
- Monitoring: All of our web traffic is encrypted over TLS /SSL and protected by Certificate Pinning to prevent man in the middle attacks. Our security team monitor and carry out daily automated vulnerability scanning across all of our systems and infrastructure.
- Infrastructure: Our servers are based within enterprise grade hosting facilities with robust physical security controls including surveillance, monitoring, security staff and regular ongoing audits. Amiqus maintains geographically separated environments and hosting to reduce the risk of data outages or loss. We partner with leading security and technology providers to leverage their experience and best practises to protect our systems.
- Assurance: Amiqus is certified by ISOQAR to ISO 27001:2013 and UK government cyber security accreditation scheme Cyber Essentials Plus.
- Analysis: We’re a member of CiSP, the NCSC cyber threat sharing platform and benefit from ongoing analysis, reporting and monitoring of online activity on a national level.