£45k - £50k + benefits
Full time • Remote in UK or Edinburgh HQ
Closing date: 30th June 2022
- We support fully remote, hybrid and in person collaborative working with flexible hours
- Access our HQ in Edinburgh / workspaces around the UK with team off sites every six months
- A strong cross functional (pet friendly) environment working in small teams with autonomy, delivering impactful and challenging work
- Private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, critical illness cover and other options
- 12 paid personal development days per year with additional personal training budget and resources allocated to help you learn and grow
- Pension contribution, share options and company bonus scheme for all roles
Amiqus is a market leading compliance platform enabling simple, secure access to products and services online. Whether moving home, changing jobs or looking for professional help, we help make the process fast and easy for everyone involved.
We’re trusted by the Government, NHS and hundreds of companies across sectors to help people get to work on the things that matter, faster. It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing quickly across sectors (although not at all costs). We care a lot about our people, working sustainably and using business as a force for good to deliver long term value.
About the role
The UX researcher will plan, design, lead and carry out research activities with product users to help Amiqus get a deep understanding of the people that use our services. User experience research informs proposition, service, content and interaction design which enables services to work well for users.
This role will be embedded in a multi-disciplinary team and will work closely with colleagues in product design, engineering, onboarding and retention, acquisition and growth. They will be responsible for planning and carrying out user research activities and will be able to work independently within a team.
Main responsibilities include:
- Design qualitative and quantitative research studies that support business and help product manager & teams gain a deep understanding of user needs and behavior;
- Analyse and interpret raw research into findings and present to various internal teams;
- Generate clear, actionable insights that support decision making which inspire teams to design inclusive and innovative products;
- Lead workshops to help make sense of insights and feedback;
- Champion the inclusion of different types of users in appropriate research activities;
- Advocate accessibility, assisted digital and inclusive research and design practices to help deliver accessible services that work for all.
Talented people make Amiqus and staying true to our culture is important as we continue to develop and grow. Most importantly, this role will be filled by someone who shares the same values and work ethic as we do.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and well-organised individual who has the ability to clearly and confidently communicate research approaches and insights effectively in such a way as to stimulate conversation and collaboration.
In addition, we are are looking for the following:
- Previous experience in a similar capacity, working on a digital product;
- Experience designing and delivering actionable insights through a wide range of user research for complex products;
- Confident planning and executing remote research;
- A deep understanding and ability to choose and apply appropriate user-centered design research methods (from data gathering to synthesis and analysis) for different design life cycle phases and situations;
- An understanding of user-centered product design and delivery practices.
- Experience using systems such as: Google analytics, Hotjar, Sketch, Invision etc.
- Knowledge of key digital accessibility standards.
Our interview process
We think it’s important to have a transparent and open interview process so that you have a clear understanding of expectations:
- Review of applications
- Initial telephone conversation
- Interview with team lead
- Conversation with wider team members
- Role offer
How to apply
Closing date: 30th June 2022
If this is you and the role sounds like something you would be interested in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion and attach an up-to-date CV including a PDF or link to a portfolio.
We're building an inclusive, diverse, multi cultural and flexible team working environment to support the varied needs of our clients. Diverse perspectives and people from all backgrounds are welcome at Amiqus. We recognise that as well as setting an example, we have moral and legal responsibilities to promote equal opportunities and pursue equality in all of our work.
If we can make preparations to make sure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.